Your bike and a windmill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Black Hill, near Sabden - amazing clouds
DSC_1828.JPG

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Soham
Soham Windmill (2).JPG

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Inspired by @siadwell I wondered how many miles per windmill I could do round here (East Yorkshire/Holderness) :scratch:so this afternoon I set off on my quest. I did 52 miles & here's the windmills I came across :okay:
#1 Mappleton Mill, restored around 10 years ago with a new build extension off the back of it
full.jpg

#2 Garton Mill, unused, but doesn't look in bad condition from the road
full.jpg

#3 Waxholme Mill, near Withernsea. Derelict
full.jpg

#4 Patrington Mill, too far away to see the condition, but looks in a poor state
full.jpg

#5 Keyingham Mill. Another mill that has been restored as a house with an extension, unable to get a decent pic due to the solid gate & wall
full.jpg

#6 Burton Pidsea Mill, unable to tell if the mill is used or lived in, but looks in good order
full.jpg

#7 Elstronwick Mill, looks in a poor state, but still has some of the original workings
full.jpg

#8 Ellerby Mill, too far from the road to tell for certain, but looks like it could be habited, as part of the house perhaps?
full.jpg

#9 Hornsea, situated about half a mile from the centre, looks like it's part of the attached dwelling, but again unable to get decent access to have a good look
full.jpg

There's another 4 i can think of 'nearby' without any research, but they would have added at least 30 miles to today's ride

OP
OP
uphillstruggler
Inspired by @siadwell I wondered how many miles per windmill I could do round here (East Yorkshire/Holderness) :scratch:so this afternoon I set off on my quest. I did 52 miles & here's the windmills I came across :okay:
#1 Mappleton Mill, restored around 10 years ago with a new build extension off the back of it
View attachment 651595

#2 Garton Mill, unused, but doesn't look in bad condition from the road
View attachment 651596
#3 Waxholme Mill, near Withernsea. Derelict
View attachment 651597
#4 Patrington Mill, too far away to see the condition, but looks in a poor state
View attachment 651598
#5 Keyingham Mill. Another mill that has been restored as a house with an extension, unable to get a decent pic due to the solid gate & wall
View attachment 651599
#6 Burton Pidsea Mill, unable to tell if the mill is used or lived in, but looks in good order
View attachment 651600
#7 Elstronwick Mill, looks in a poor state, but still has some of the original workings
View attachment 651601
#8 Ellerby Mill, too far from the road to tell for certain, but looks like it could be habited, as part of the house perhaps?
View attachment 651602
#9 Hornsea, situated about half a mile from the centre, looks like it's part of the attached dwelling, but again unable to get decent access to have a good look
View attachment 651603

There's another 4 i can think of 'nearby' without any research, but they would have added at least 30 miles to today's ride

Marvellous

FrothNinja

Veteran
Near Stainscomb, Goldshaw Booth
DSC_2651 orthostat walling, Stainscomb a.jpg

Top Bottom