Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's church from yesterday's ride is All Saints church in Hargham. It caught my eye due to the tower being separate from the main body of the church (mostly hidden by a tree). Details of its history couresy of Norfolk Churches Trust
All Saints Church, Hargham.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The last church from Tuesday's ride is St. Andrews in Quidenham and is a bit unusual in that it has a round tower. According to Wikipedia there are only 185 of these in the UK - 124 of which are in Norfolk and 38 in Suffolk (most of which are in the north of the county near Norfolk anyhow!).
St. Andrew's Church, Quidenham.jpg

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Ha, St Roman is only 10kms from me, and Châtillon is delightful. When are you there?
The plan is for me to arrive on Monday 17/09, with 2 others to fly down a few days later - one for a long weekend and the other to stay until we drive home on Saturday 29/09.

Is the area badly affected, if at all, by the floods that have hit the region?

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The plan is for me to arrive on Monday 17/09, with 2 others to fly down a few days later - one for a long weekend and the other to stay until we drive home on Saturday 29/09.

Is the area badly affected, if at all, by the floods that have hit the region?
Ah, I'll have gone by then. Would love to be around for the grape harvest. But work calls.

You ought to do the Dromoise weekend 21/22 - really good selection of routes, if you're into sportives. Can find you details if so... all routes start at Die, just 8km from St R.

No, this part hardly affected... damage was further south east in the département.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A random Triumph bike outside the Methodist church on Orwell Rd in Felixstowe .

View attachment 423790
Oi - get out of my town ^_^

(If you'd turned 180° and gone down the other way along Orwell Road, there's the United Reform Church & St. Johns within about 100 yards of each other)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Oi - get out of my town ^_^

(If you'd turned 180° and gone down the other way along Orwell Road, there's the United Reform Church & St. Johns within about 100 yards of each other)

We walked past them but no Bikes in view , nice town and a lovely promenade to stroll along .

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Today's church from yesterday's ride is All Saints church in Hargham. It caught my eye due to the tower being separate from the main body of the church (mostly hidden by a tree). Details of its history couresy of Norfolk Churches Trust View attachment 423506
I do find that detached bell-towers have a peculiar fascination, perhaps because it hints at a long and colourful history. Herefordshire is a bit of hot-spot; this one is at Garway, quite a remote location:

Garway1.JPG

In contrast to the Hargham example, this one seems to have begun as fully detached, with a linking passage being added more recently. To see this clearly I had to move to a position which wasn't so favourably lit:

Garway2.JPG

There's a wonderfully informative article here, clearly written by a true enthusiast.

Top Bottom