Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

St Bartholomews at Foston this morning, its on a small lane leading onto a gated road just outside Countesthorpe. The gate on the lane was open this morning, no livestock in the field, the last time we came through, in the car, the gate was closed and my Good Lady had hop out the car and open it, then close it after I'd driven through.

20180820_105322.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

St Bartholomews at Foston this morning, its on a small lane leading onto a gated road just outside Countesthorpe. The gate on the lane was open this morning, no livestock in the field, the last time we came through, in the car, the gate was closed and my Good Lady had hop out the car and open it, then close it after I'd driven through.

View attachment 425890

Since I got back I've been looking into the history of this and it turns out its a 10th century church, it was buit to serve a village, Foston, thats gone now but its still in use today.

https://www.leicestershirechurches.co.uk/foston-church-st-bartholomews/

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A couple from this morning's ride
IMG_20180826_062652211.jpg

Preston Deanery .

IMG_20180826_063404772.jpg

Quinton church.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I don't normally do more than one photo at a time here, but I actually found the church at Ravel quite moving. Perched at the end of a dead-end road 400m above the valley, the tiny temple was pretty enough in itself. But I was blown away by the old wall painting - obviously done by native hand. Quite quite stunning in its intention and survival.

img_20180829_143137299_hdrblog.jpg

img_20180829_143815761blog.jpg

Top Bottom