Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not the best pic of Hooton Pagnell church will have to get one in better light Frickley/Clayton church nice little church off a track. Adwick church
None of the skulls, in the Lych Gate?

DSCF3483.JPG DSCF3484.JPG DSCF3487.JPG DSCF3488.JPG DSCF3489.JPG

Passed a fair few today lovely weather to be out on the bike today
First church is at Barnburgh in Doncaster
Goldthorpe in Barnsley
Thurnscoe Barnsley
The last one is at Hickleton Doncaster

Isn't Golthorpe the 'Concrete Church'?

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
St Mary's, Huish Episcopi getting ready for the annual Fete:
View attachment 423489
Do you know the book on Somerset Church Towers 1350-1550 by Poyntz Wright? If you're into the great Somerset towers, it well worth getting hold of.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Ah, I'll have gone by then. Would love to be around for the grape harvest. But work calls.

You ought to do the Dromoise weekend 21/22 - really good selection of routes, if you're into sportives. Can find you details if so... all routes start at Die, just 8km from St R.

No, this part hardly affected... damage was further south east in the département.
Thanks again Brian.

La Dromoise certainly looks very interesting. Somehow, I think that it's an event that cannot be ignored in the region that weekend.

It's good to hear about the flooding. We had the misfortune a few years back when we stayed at Magalas, just north of Beziers, about a week after flooding hit the region and quite a few roads were disrupted.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Thanks again Brian.

La Dromoise certainly looks very interesting. Somehow, I think that it's an event that cannot be ignored in the region that weekend.

It's good to hear about the flooding. We had the misfortune a few years back when we stayed at Magalas, just north of Beziers, about a week after flooding hit the region and quite a few roads were disrupted.
You'd not know there's been any rain now, except everything's gert lush.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Sheepstor

9B391597-AE8F-4DE9-B637-B79122FFF827.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

From my ride back this morning, Kings Newnham Tower, all that's left of the 12 century church of St Lawrence which fell into disrepair and was demolished in the 18th century.

https://www.ourwarwickshire.org.uk/content/article/kings-newnham-tower-2

"This tower still stands looking rather forlorn (though it appears to be in a better state than it was in 1900). It was originally attached to the handsome church of St Lawrence that originated in the 12th century and had frescoes inside; sadly most of the church was demolished in the mid 18th century. The tower now belongs to Hall Farm; the base of the tower has been used as a chicken house in the past and is now being used for storage."

20180818_123215.jpg

Top Bottom