Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeShot

Veteran
95B1EDA3-84EE-4FA6-9605-6E73C566E4A2.jpeg
Near Jodrell Bank today

Tizme

Veteran
DSCI0008.JPG

Self built Genesis Vagabond in the village of Witham Friary (forgot to get the name of the church)

Blimey, that's some buttressing there. Just as well, given the angle ;)

Actually, made me think of Temple Church in Bristol, where my great grandfather was choimaster for ages. After it was bombed in the war, the demolition team was about to blow up the tower as they thought it was dangerous, until it was pointed out that it had been leaning for a few centuries before the war (Wikipedia photo again)...

View attachment 388645
Is it my imagination/wonky eyesight or does it try to correct itself towards the top?

I bet Bristol's more interesting than Pisa all in all. It's very over-rated.

edit - should have read trumpet's post first.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Last one for a while - Westerfield Church on the outskirts of Ipswich
Westerfield Church (2).JPG

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
@User9609 , perhaps the Christmas reference could be lost now?

An advantage of specific threads like this (as with my 'gate' thread) is that they encourage me to be more aware of sights I'm passing (in the case of gates, I sometimes spot ones with nice views, but go back when I think the light will be nicer), or to choose a route that might yield something photograpically interesting or pleasant. In the case of churches, your thread has prompted me to make short detours to churches I've passed nearby to for years, but have never stopped to look at. Certainly the villages of Devon are a treasure trove of truly historic churches, many of them tucked away in remote spots, and a little spur for me to go and take a look is very welcome. Thank you :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom