Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the risk of a diversion from piccies, the actual service is in latin or just a few words/a bit of chanting? I thought the full latin mass went in the early 60s after the initiative of the bloke the italians call "the good pope".
Edit, you meant this catholic church in york is the catholic equivalent of those high church c of e places, ie hankering after past habits?

tom73

Guru
Yes a hankering for the past and yes some are still done in Latin. Your right they did go in the 60's but a branch carried on regardless.

Yes a hankering for the past and yes some are still done in Latin. Your right they did go in the 60's but a branch carried on regardless.
I hope they don't continue the catholic mass tradition of praying for the salvation of/damning the jews. I think that went in the early 60s as well in the mainstream places.

footloose crow

Über Member
Somewhere in Oxfordshire last summer. So many churches.....

Little Snoring Church, Norfolk. One of a small number of churches with a detached tower.

The Parish of Witton in Blackburn. Up for sale it seems.

View attachment 490025

St Leonards in Balderstone.

View attachment 490023

I really must try to photo the actual names of churches in future. According to Google maps, this is St Saviours in Bamber Bridge.

View attachment 490027

St John the Evangelist in Whittle le Woods.

View attachment 490029

Aaaaaaand last but not least, Rivington Parish Church in Rivington. Didn't know it was there...despite passing it a gazillion times.

View attachment 490032
@Vantage

You get to cycle in a lovely area

I do like it around there when I get the chance

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Tabernacle Baptist church Entrance and hissing Sid .

Top Bottom