Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

It’s an Abbey, but it counts because the sign to the right says ‘church’.:okay:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Hillfarrance in the sun. A beautiful day, lots of people walking and on bikes. No cars. Why can't it be like this more often?

20200405_155407.jpg

Westminster cathedral in the plague year.

Normally a busy place as apart from the cathedral lots of offices and shops near here.

Briefly saw two folks in the square and then later as I looked at the front a woman in a scarlet robe/dress came round the corner, stood in front of the cathedral and very gently threw something towards it. Some sort of ritual?

Architectural feature - these are either side of the doors - since London pigeons have become somewhat smaller since Ken stopped folk feeding them in Trafalgar Square I can only assume these are to stop the faithful and not so faithful humans sitting down.

Inscription above the door.

Domine Jesus Rex et Redemptor per Sanguinem tuum salva nos
"Lord Jesus, King and Redeemer, heal us through your blood".

Approached the front door hoping that the clearly attached notice said something like:

He's working on it - he'll get back to you

but it just said
closed until further notice.

Last edited:
2020_04_05_Uhlberg_06.JPG

MBIFO the curiously English looking Echterdingen Lutheran Church, near Stuttgart.

tom73

Guru
Ooo. Found another one:

View attachment 512974

My bike in front of Sharnhausen Lutheran church.

This is a surprisingly modern church for a traditionally protestant town, but it is right between the airport and a former WW2 military base. As bombing was a bit if a hit and (more often) miss affair a number of local churches were destroyed during the war.

Guess they hire out the balcony to plane spotters :smile:

Top Bottom