Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
I have enjoyed the occasional pint with our cycle group at the George and Dragon opposite. Here's to its reopening!
There was a cyclist sat at one of the outside tables eating, I presume, his lunch. So I didn't hang around and I ate my sandwiches sat on the grass verge on a quiet lane.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
There was a cyclist sat at one of the outside tables eating, I presume, his lunch. So I didn't hang around and I ate my sandwiches sat on the grass verge on a quiet lane.

You need to be VERY careful on the quiet lanes round there...

Priory Church Of St Mary, Deerhurst, Gloucestershire.
@Grant Fondo, this one is quite an important church apparently, dates back to the 8th century.

View attachment 515071
Well I couldn't find my 'Gloucestershire' by Pevsner, but this is an important and rare church. Not quite as old as Brixworth and Escombe (620-675), but no complete buildings in this country are.

Googled the interior, stunning and 1200+ years old, now on my official 'to see' list :okay:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Well I couldn't find my 'Gloucestershire' by Pevsner, but this is an important and rare church. Not quite as old as Brixworth and Escombe (620-675), but no complete buildings in this country are.
View attachment 515110
View attachment 515112
Googled the interior, stunning and 1200+ years old, now on my official 'to see' list :okay:

When you do get to see it you will only be about 100 yards from Odda's Chapel, you'll see the brown signs.

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/oddas-chapel/

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
MBIFO the rather impressive tower of Broadclyst Church:

DSC07662.jpg

Outside Westminster Abbey yesterday.

Usually full of tourists of course, but since the plague has hit I was able to notice something I had never noticed before (you truly do work in mysterious ways god to enlighten us mere earthlings).

Some very recent additions to the front - including a statue of Martin Luther King.

Old school panniers on bike full of garlic to deter/divert Derbyshire police who might otherwise be inclined to label me a lycra lout. And also to pick up any easy shopping I see - they've also got a load of super cheap cherry tomatoes in them from a Peckham market stall)

The explanatory sign - and in case anyone complains that the majority are blokes, all the four virtues appear to be women.

Last edited:
Top Bottom