Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's church is something a little different - this doesn't have a tower, just an external bell housing. St. Mary's in Willisham
St. Mary's, Willisham (1).JPG

St. Mary's, Willisham (3).JPG

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Some big church I came across in Exeter yesterday... if you look closely, you can see my bike in the second photo too.

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

Last edited:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Thats the place, we were on a coach trip and stopped in Exeter, we were going to go in and have a look round but changed our minds when we saw they wanted £7 entrance fee.

It costs £4000 per day to run. These days, when National Trust properties charge £13.50 for adults for entry and car parking charges on top, I think £7 is good value. Last time I went to Castle Drogo, Mum & I had seen everything in an hour, but if you spent a couple of hours in the cathedral, you'd have only scratched the surface.

Yesterday I was chatting to the person who has done the scaffolding for the cathedral for the past 15 years, and he says he still sees new details every time.

Anyway, here's my album of two sides of the outside from yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.724177061662218&type=3

D

Deleted member 1258

It costs £4000 per day to run. These days, when National Trust properties charge £13.50 for adults for entry and car parking charges on top, I think £7 is good value. Last time I went to Castle Drogo, Mum & I had seen everything in an hour, but if you spent a couple of hours in the cathedral, you'd have only scratched the surface.

Yesterday I was chatting to the person who has done the scaffolding for the cathedral for the past 15 years, and he says he still sees new details every time.

Anyway, here's my album of two sides of the outside from yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.724177061662218&type=3

Nice pictures, national trust by us charge between £5 and £12 for entry, we thought £7 for entry to a cathedral was a bit steep.

2020_06_07_Kaiserstuhl_09.JPG

My bike in front of the Bergkirche (Mountain church) in Bahlingen am Kaiserstühl.

I have a smashing looking Church and a crap church today. View attachment 527485
This is the crap church for some obscure cult in South Moreton.
View attachment 527486

View attachment 527487
Church of All Saints, Sutton Courtenay
In the graveyard are HH Asquith and George Orwell.
thanks for the second - I did a bike ride with a Spanish mate a few years ago from Oxford to London and was P'ed off to find that we had ridden very close to that as I would have paid my respects to the great Orwell. I think he was a bit bemused. Good job we didn't ride past Blaydon as it transpired he had never heard of Winston Churchill - I kid you not - I thought he was having me on at first.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
thanks for the second - I did a bike ride with a Spanish mate a few years ago from Oxford to London and was P'ed off to find that we had ridden very close to that as I would have paid my respects to the great Orwell. I think he was a bit bemused. Good job we didn't ride past Blaydon as it transpired he had never heard of Winston Churchill - I kid you not - I thought he was having me on at first.
I visited the grave, very ordinary, with a few bits n bobs on it from fans.

Top Bottom