Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats the place, we were on a coach trip and stopped in Exeter, we were going to go in and have a look round but changed our minds when we saw they wanted £7 entrance fee.
I think you can usually get into such places for free if you attend a service - (pretty sure you can with St Pauls London) though the price may be too high.

I visited the grave, very ordinary
as it should be of course - would be very disappointed if his gravestone was covered in flowery prose and posturing. Rise again Orwell - we need you now more than ever.

edit - maybe we need a bike in front of a notable grave thread. I know @biggs682 has one ready and waiting.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
as it should be of course - would be very disappointed if his gravestone was covered in flowery prose and posturing. Rise again Orwell - we need you now more than ever.

edit - maybe we need a bike in front of a notable grave thread. I know @biggs682 has one ready and waiting.

1591871035136.png

Saint Michael Woodham Walter.
Looks surprisingly modern to my ignorant eyes.
I'm also architecturally ignorant but the steeple looks very weirdly "off centre" to me - from some angles looks particularly odd.
Apparently the first parish church built for the "new" church of england according to this excellent site.

http://www.simonknott.co.uk/essexchurches/woodhamwalter.htm

Nice graveyard, nice bench for sitting, water tap.

Mr Whyte

St John Chester, well the ruined part at least.

Much older than Chester Cathedral, 11th and 12th century early english, some fine stonework inside and out.

Bit of a storm started brewing so took a couple more and fled.

Looks oddly foreign, like some of the byzantine churches around the Med, nothing wrong with that though :okay:

Attachments

• 20200614_153321.jpg
    20200614_153321.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom