Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
The beautiful small church of St Margaret, Wichling. Grade II listed, 12th Century.
This one was a bit tricky (for me) to find - it's really in the middle of nowhere and there's only a narrow break in a hedge with a small gate. Glad I stuck with it, instead of turning for home - which was the first option. :smile:

More information here: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1060969

Last edited:
2020_08_23_Ober_Prechtal_13a.JPG

My bike in front of the frankly rather curious Catholic Church of St. Joseph in Kollnau, near Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany. The church was apparently dedicated in 1910, and I'm guessing it was built with "new money" after the region industrialised which is how they could afford the rather flamboyant architecture.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Something different today, I decided to include a bit of urban riding when I went out to this afternoon and took pics of a couple of churches around the outskirts of Gloucester.

First is English Martyrs in Tuffley.

And this is Christchurch in Abbeydale. As modern churches go I quite like this one.

Something different today, I decided to include a bit of urban riding when I went out to this afternoon and took pics of a couple of churches around the outskirts of Gloucester.

First is English Martyrs in Tuffley.

View attachment 543811

And this is Christchurch in Abbeydale. As modern churches go I quite like this one.

View attachment 543813
have a strange feeling i've seen the first one before.
on here?
or maybe it's an off-the-peg design
and i still wonder what goes on upstairs.

Top Bottom