Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
Suffolk Historic Churches Trust - Ride and Stride, Saturday 12th September 2020 - some were open, some were not; some were selling marmalade.
Next year I'll plan for a day off, and do it properly; today I just got these on my way to work.
I'll also learn how to reset the exposure setting on my camera. :angry:

united reformed wickhambrook.jpg

United Reformed, Wickhambrook

All Sainst Wickhambrook.jpg

All Saints, Wickhambrook

St Nicholas Denston.jpg

St Nicholas, Denston

All Saints Stansfield.jpg

All Saints, Stansfield (here last week with a different bike....)

St Mary Hawkedon.jpg

St. Mary, Hawkedon

All Saints Rede.jpg

All Saints, Rede

IMG_20200912_121415.jpg

St. Petronilla, Whepstead (here last week with a different bike....)

Baptist Church Whepstead.jpg

Baptist Church, Whepstead

Last edited:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
It's a vast space and seems totally out of place for the size of the town.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
One of the older and more extensive tributes: Ottery St Mary, which was based on Exeter Cathedral, way back in the 14th century, though its roots are quite a bit older than that. Worth several hours of your time, if you're ever in the area.

DSC09531.jpg

All uphill

Still rolling along
One of the older and more extensive tributes: Ottery St Mary, which was based on Exeter Cathedral, way back in the 14th century, though its roots are quite a bit older than that. Worth several hours of your time, if you're ever in the area.

View attachment 547200
Oooh! Thanks for that @briantrumpet , that's within cycling range for me, and looks interesting. It's on my list of places to go!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Suffolk Historic Churches Trust - Ride and Stride, Saturday 12th September 2020 - some were open, some were not; some were selling marmalade.

The Suffolk Historic Churches Trust rides each year were one of things that got me obsessed with cycling in the early 80s! I didn't realise they were still a 'thing'. Although I I think I might be able to 'bag' more churches now that I live in Suffolk rather than out in the sticks!

Top Bottom