Your bike in front of some water - pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

MBIFO Rutland Water, looking a tad choppy, on today's ride...

And

Fun sponge
MBIFO Burycliff Troughs, Elton.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
curious gate - you'd expect some sign telling you who the owner/utility was, ie no doing this by order of .....

Whose water?

If we were still in the coldwar I'd be suspicious.

There's quite a few towers nearby and i don't recall any of them having those kind of signs on .

I am not even sure if they are still in use at all ?

i understand the cold war comment they always look like something from war of the worlds to me ^_^

There's quite a few towers nearby and i don't recall any of them having those kind of signs on .

I am not even sure if they are still in use at all ?

i understand the cold war comment they always look like something from war of the worlds to me ^_^
yes - cold war secret stuff often hidden in plain sight.
They tended to try to disguise stuff by having it look shabby
(am sure this affected the psyche of some of the spies)
The shabby look started to fail though when London began, eventually, to smarten up. Now the shabby stuff stands out :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
yes - cold war secret stuff often hidden in plain sight.
They tended to try to disguise stuff by having it look shabby
(am sure this affected the psyche of some of the spies)
The shabby look started to fail though when London began, eventually, to smarten up. Now the shabby stuff stands out :smile:

I would like to look around one and understand them better as you still see quite a few .
There's a couple locally that have been converted into House's and they must be different to live in for sure .
Always got an upright cupboard with what looks like a lot of electrics in but always open to the elements will try and get a picture of it next time

Top Bottom