Your bike in front of something missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Wheatley Lane
DSC_9424.JPG

FrothNinja

Veteran
Pike Hill Signal Tower's door is absent
230809 25 Pike Hill Signal Tower.JPG

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Old red phone box now missing it's door.
The actual phone and other internals went about 4 years ago.

IMG_20230917_081410371.jpg

Windle

Über Member
Missing ~ a splattery exhaust noted, two tone green class 25 (small yellow warning panels if you please) hauling a short rake of blood & custard MK1's over to Barnard Castle.*
This is where the railway used to run through a small cutting then pass under the minor road via a stone arched bridge, just east of Cockfield Fell station, It's long since filled in and I wonder how much of the bridge structure is still under there? There's a pronounced hump in the road at that point suggesting it's actually still extent.

GOPR0442.JPG

*I'm not entirely sure such combinations ran over this line but there's a picture on 't 'interweb somewhere (probably the Disused Stations website) of similar passing through Broomielaw station on the Darlington to Barnard Castle line.

Windle

Über Member
Missing a gate and possibly a fence. Not sure what this was for but it looks more substantial than typical farm fence infrastructure (plus the fact it's on Cockfield Fell which isn't farmland anyway), possibly something to do with the railway? A gate on an access track down to the railway from the road maybe? The railway line ran just to the right of here so I assume it's something like that. You never know, somewhere, somebody may have some old cine film of arrival into Cockfield Fell station from the east which would reveal all.

GOPR0464.JPG

FrothNinja

Veteran
Missing a gate and possibly a fence. Not sure what this was for but it looks more substantial than typical farm fence infrastructure (plus the fact it's on Cockfield Fell which isn't farmland anyway), possibly something to do with the railway? A gate on an access track down to the railway from the road maybe? The railway line ran just to the right of here so I assume it's something like that. You never know, somewhere, somebody may have some old cine film of arrival into Cockfield Fell station from the east which would reveal all.

View attachment 707933

Could be war related

Top Bottom