Your bike in front of something missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Missing the yoghurt out of the pot

IMG_20230715_080739969.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Missing the yoghurt out of the pot

View attachment 698819

That saddles a bit low.

Windle

Über Member
Missing the continuation of the cycle path towards Barnard Castle. This is the end of Scotland Lane near Gibsneese farm, behind me the brief section of surfaced pathway heading back towards Cockfield Fell station, in front I'm assuming the section where Durham County Council failed to agree the purchase of a plot of land to continue with the path. About twenty years ago during a 'not doing any proper cycling' period I had a cheap MTB which I used to trundle around the local area on (a bit like now) and I did ride along this old railway route until just before Dent Gate Lane between Langleydale and Penny Hill (about a mile and a half). Once past this jungle section (it wasn't as bad back then) it was surprisingly clear and rideable.

GOPR0277.JPG
The view back the other way on a different day with a different bike ~ bike in front of a gate shot.
GOPR0281.JPG

Windle

Über Member
View attachment 701910

The rest of the railway!

At first glance I thought you'd been to Lands Viaduct, the fencing and railings looked similar, until I spotted the overhead lines and remembered there aren't any rails left at Lands.

Windle

Über Member
Missing the right hand wooden gate, although it's actually having a lie down in the undergrowth and appears to have been there for some time! This is a newish patch of woodland, looking west. Prior to felling of the old trees a number of years ago it was a dry pine needle covered double track through a dark, eerie and very quiet bit of woodland.

GOPR0299.JPG

Top Bottom