Your bike in front of something missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This house in Earls Barton is missing a few windows

IMG_20230822_060920608.jpg

The property has numerous windows bricked up not sure if it's linked to the window tax https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tax

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
@FrothNinja a couple more pictures of the house with the bricked up windows
as you can see it has a few . Makes you wonder about it's history

View attachment 703714

View attachment 703715

Just had a google at the surrounds. looks like that little group of buildings were put up with reference to each other around a very farm looking courtyard. Suspect it is mid to late C19 but could be older/newer. I will try and dig out my copy of Buildings Of Northamptonshire to see if it gets a mention.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had a google at the surrounds. looks like that little group of buildings were put up with reference to each other aound a very farm looking courtyard. Suspect it is mid to late C19 but could be older/newer. I will try and dig out my copy of Buildings Of Northamptonshire to see if it gets a mention.

Must admit I was going to try and have a look on line but I forgot about it

FrothNinja

Veteran
Just had a google at the surrounds. looks like that little group of buildings were put up with reference to each other aound a very farm looking courtyard. Suspect it is mid to late C19 but could be older/newer. I will try and dig out my copy of Buildings Of Northamptonshire to see if it gets a mention.

Not in it - just the church & castle (which are fascinating).

Top Bottom