Your bike in, outside, ontopof a spoons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK I'll risk it.

Kicking it off.

Ist pic shows bike, or part of, second more on the location - sun terrace on top of Spoons Ramsgate on a recent Indian summer - camping trip.

IMG_20171016_123147 (1).jpg
IMG_20171016_123209 (1).jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's a posh Spoons. I won't be leaving my bike outside and Spoons in Manchester.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
That's a posh Spoons. I won't be leaving my bike outside and Spoons in Manchester.

Wasn't really intending to get into a debate (thread for pics) but to answer your points.
I wouldn't say it is "posh", just very nice. Ramsgate was once rather posh* (royalty holidayed and lived there) but has since gone down in the world. And the building was semi derelict before spoons got hold of it -I well remember on a group bike ride sitting outside it eating fish and chips and it was a grey hulk.

As for Manchester, I don't see why locking OUTSIDE a spoons is any riskier than just locking a bike anywhere in Manchester. A fair choice of spoons in manchester of course.

* Pugin of House of Commons fame built his house and church just a short traffic free cycle from the spoons - I would recommend a visit to the church - listed of course. Van Gogh, not posh, taught in Ramsgate for a while.

alicat

Legendary Member
Indian summer? This year or last year?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Do you use the Wetherspoons phone app to order your food and drink and have it delivered to your table? That way you don't have to leave your bike!
Me? Not usually as except during the recent beerfest, it doesn't handle the guest beers.
Indian summer? This year or last year?
Couldn't be this year could it? Couple of years ago, more recent pic or two available.

OK, what the heck is a "spoons"?

Different terminology here in the US. :laugh:
Wetherspoons, british pub chain, source of cheap quality diverse beers (mostly british if on draught) and cheap cyclist food like that british delicacy the jacket potato.

Top Bottom