Your bike on a bridge pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
If you're wondering what the number "21" is doing in this photo, this was the 21st bridge over the M5 between Exeter and Taunton we crossed in one day - I think the final tally was 34, on a ride which turned out to be 100 miles, covering the 35 miles between Junctions 25 and 31 on the M5 and the return journey to Exeter. We took a photo on each one, and as the day wore on, they started getting just a bit silly. Still rather disappointed with my rubbish aero tuck, even if I was upside down.

I'll spare you the other 33 photos.

22308731_793543570815690_2031894946555863836_n.jpg

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
If you're wondering what the number "21" is doing in this photo, this was the 21st bridge over the M5 between Exeter and Taunton we crossed in one day - I think the final tally was 34, on a ride which turned out to be 100 miles, covering the 35 miles between Junctions 25 and 31 on the M5 and the return journey to Exeter. We took a photo on each one, and as the day wore on, they started getting just a bit silly. Still rather disappointed with my rubbish aero tuck, even if I was upside down.

I'll spare you the other 33 photos.

View attachment 415325
You'll save lots of money on tyres. :okay:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Above the A14 just outside Kettering.

IMG_20180714_053120697.jpg

I detoured on my ride home from work this afternoon, to have a look at the new Ramsdens Bridge, to replace the rotten decked previous bridge, which had been chained in the open (to canal traffic) for a few years

Apologies for the poor quality, I think the cameras AF was confused by the railings?
(a 'compact', so no manual focus; Fuji XP10)

DSCF5821.JPG

The new one is not vehicular rated, which in a way is rather bad for 999 access to the row of terraces (Calder Row) on the canal bank, let alone the boats

The old bridge; http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2935203

Top Bottom