Your bike on a bridge pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dinckley pedestrian bridge over the Ribble.

Replaced a rather elegant pedestrian suspension bridge (google will find pics) which unfortunately had to be replaced after storm/flood damage.

My Ridley X-Trail and the better half's Cotic Escapade this morning at Littleport after some Trig hunting.

Willd

Veteran
Kind of under (Coventry to Leamington railway), rather than on :rolleyes:

DSC00080-2.jpg

MBOAB - the bridge in question being the one which carries the Preston Guild Wheel path over the A583 Blackpool Road. The picture of the road on the other side of the bridge would've been better, showing more of the roadworks and lane restrictions - and the somewhat (initially at least) intimidating 'cycle/footpath' provided by barriering off (is that a term?) one lane of the road with plastic barriers so you are cycling along it only a couple of feet away from oncoming - and fast, and incessant - traffic. I found the noise quite disorienting, I have to say. Not a pleasant experience. The 'barriering off' is all part of the work being done for the construction of the Western Distributor and part of the diversion of the Guild Wheel. At least it is still usable, and the diversions well signposted.

Top Bottom