Your bike on a bridge pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Br 137, L&L, Brierfield
240218 3 Br 137, L&L, Brierfield.JPG

Windle

Über Member
Hagg Bank bridge over the river Tyne near Wylam, the metal plates which you had a natural tendency to ride on had quite a few rusty holes in them that didn't look like they'd been put there deliberately for drainage!

GOPR0780.JPG

Windle

Über Member
What was that bridge used for and don’t say crossing the Tyne😀

It was a railway bridge as Andy in Germany & BoldonLad state, a loop that ran on the north side of the Tyne and joined the main Newcastle to Carlisle railway south of the Tyne past Wylam. It had originally been one of the many Newcastle area Waggonways and ran past George Stephenson's birthplace. The railway closed in 1968 and everything ran along the other line after that.
This is a small road bridge over the Newcastle to Carlisle line just west of Hagg Bank bridge (with my bike on it) that has what appears to be the remains of some railway building down in the cutting, evidenced by what looks like a fireplace / chimney at the back. I can't find any reference to a station there but it's possible it could have been a signal box for the junction between these two lines which must have been located somewhere around this area.

GOPR0776.JPG

bluenotebob

Veteran
On the Pont des Deux Rivières – over the river Oust, south of Ploërmel early this afternoon.

I know I’ve posted this view before – but not when the river has been so full. A result of the continuous rain we’ve had in February.

Pont des 2 Rivières pic 1.JPG

Top Bottom