Your bike with a bird

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Well I wasn’t expecting this, the parent bird was squished, this little guy was sitting in the road, and when I crouched down and put my hand near him he hopped on and then onto my bars.

Pushed the bike to the local pub, and he took some water from a cap, hung around for 10mins and flew off.

My wife had turned up with a box incase he was injured and we were going to call the RSPB.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Well I wasn’t expecting this, the parent bird was squished, this little guy was sitting in the road, and when I crouched down and put my hand near him he hopped on and then onto my bars.

Pushed the bike to the local pub, and he took some water from a cap, hung around for 10mins and flew off.

My wife had turned up with a box incase her was injured and we were going to call the RSPB.

View attachment 687676

Aw, wee shame. Hopefully he is old enough to fend for himself.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Blue tit :smile: Well done for rescuing it.

I've twice rescued pigeons while riding. One was a racing pigeon and I phoned the owner and pushed the bike clutching the bird until he came to collect it. The second time I had the bird perched on my saddle for a while.

Another time I abandoned the bike to cross the road and carry a fledgling lapwing back into a field and away from the road. It's parents were not amused!

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Blue tit :smile: Well done for rescuing it.

I've twice rescued pigeons while riding. One was a racing pigeon and I phoned the owner and pushed the bike clutching the bird until he came to collect it. The second time I had the bird perched on my saddle for a while.

Another time I abandoned the bike to cross the road and carry a fledgling lapwing back into a field and away from the road. It's parents were not amused!

I couldn’t leave him there it was right where a car would drive.

I thought he was injured at first which was why I called my wife to come and pick him up, wife thinks I’m nuts picking up birds but my parents used to keep birds of prey so this was nothing.

I didn’t like removing the Jack door who kept coming down our chimney, those things look evil.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My Spesh Secteur and Son no. 2's Islabike when we were doing C2C in 2016

20160601_112619.jpg

Gillstay

Über Member
I couldn’t leave him there it was right where a car would drive.

I thought he was injured at first which was why I called my wife to come and pick him up, wife thinks I’m nuts picking up birds but my parents used to keep birds of prey so this was nothing.

I didn’t like removing the Jack door who kept coming down our chimney, those things look evil.

I raised a Jackdaw as it came out of a tree and kept away from it as much as possible to stop it becoming tame but it still did. It was full of fun and a right nuisance. Two Crows I raised started off tame and then went wild. So much the easier way around.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
7B7AB969-52C6-4262-A764-33EDFCC3E2DF.jpeg

4FA2CA0E-9CA4-4A8E-B6ED-81CF2F12DD35.jpeg

A Robin on the rear wheel of my Trek Fuel EX9 at Cannock Chase a few years ago..

Top Bottom