Your cycling fallacy is…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
The new one at Curry mile in Rusholme for one. Completely seperated now. Not ridden it yet but looks great and user friendly once finished.
The Padiham Greenway, The Haslingden Greenway.
the partially segregated ones on Manchester road on the Rawtenstall side of Haslingden arent bad either.

"you must get wet on your bike" (no, not normally, given good waterproofs)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You have to ride expensive lightweight bikes to REALLY enjoy cycling
I've just got my Dutchie roadster back on its wheels, it's lurvely to be cruising along again and it's definitely not lightweight (about the same weight as my hybrid but so much nicer).

maybe you can point me to one (not in Holland say)
I know I'm slightly trolling, but I genuinely can't off the top of my head recall a cycle lane which is "a good thing", though they may exist i theory
It's difficult. Most of the ones I like are cycle tracks rather than lanes, but how about Cambridge Hills Road? https://www.camcycle.org.uk/newsletters/122/article25.html - much better than the narrow shoot they replaced.

As for the later point about making every driveway a hazard - every driveway is already a hazard! A cycle lane/track without sufficient visibility of emerging motorists failing to stop might be a worse hazard, but some of the fools will pull out because "it's only a bike" and you can't be moving at any speed, right?

Cycle lanes ARE a good thing.

If you live in any other European country than the UK.
Yeah. Most of the UK is still crashingly bad at them. Even the better places aren't consistently good. So maybe the best cycle lanes in the UK are the short ones that bypass road closures or traffic lights?

Top Bottom