Your cycling fallacy is…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You an cycle pretty much anywhere in the town without using the roads if that's what you want to do.
1. Oi! City! ;)
2. You can but you'll be taking a long detour in a couple of places. It's much quicker if you'll use minor roads where they're a connecting part of the route.

MK has some things right but some basics wrong (like why does the cycleway always climb or descend, not the carriageway? Which more often has a motor?) and the city is a giant example of how you can make cycling easy but if you make motoring easy too then inertia means most motorists will keep driving.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You shouldn't wear headphones whilst cycling, listening to music could distract you from the road.

speccy1

Shaving your legs makes you faster:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This year's model is better than last year's model.

This decade's model is better than last decade's model.

Cos the cycle industry's sole concern is continuous real improvement and ever more simplicity of ownership.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Militant cyclist.

I was called a "militant cyclist", because I choose to use my bike as my primary form of transport, and choose to ride on the road rather than an adjacent PWABPO (pavement with a bike painted on). I wouldn't have minded so much if the person addressing me so weren't a part-time judge, a relation of whom used their car to try to persuade me to ride on the PWABPO.

Anyway, I think I shall now call all drivers who choose to use their cars as a primary form of transport 'militant drivers'.

Top Bottom