Your darkest cycling secret....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Jonathan M, 13 Oct 2009.

1. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

There's a little piece of land near Strensall Camp north of York that will be forever me.

[poo] :smile:

2. brokenbetty

brokenbetty Über Member

I like toeclips and straps. I put them on every bike I buy.

Last weekend I put £35 toeclips on a £60 bike :smile:

3. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

I have no idea what you are talking about, but...

....the Stena ferry to Hoek van Holland from Harwich has an internal ramp between vehicle decks that is very knobbly and is about 30 yards long.

Have fun.

4. Jane Smart

Jane Smart The Queen

I make it wobble ;)

5. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I never told my parents what happened when I was 13 years old and late for school after going home for lunch. I bombed down the Barkers Butts Lane hill on my bike in the rain and failed to stop when the traffic lights changed to red. My brakes failed to bite on my wet steel wheel rims and I very nearly got squashed between vehicles crossing both ways in front of me! :evil:

6. My ex used to take a golf ball to sit on when she went any distance on her Triumph Bonneville. She reckoned it was best at about 65mph.:biggrin:

7. Norm

Norm Guest

Yeah, like a Bonneville can make that sort of crazy speed. :wacko:

Unfortunately, the impact on the testicle-carrying members of humanity is numbness rather than titillation.

8. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I've only been on my bike once in October so far :wacko: 37 miles.

9. darkstar

darkstar New Member

I bought my first spare inner tubes today, have been riding for the last 2 months without any, or a puncture repair kit!

10. This is bad, wasn't going to post it but as everyone is being so candid......Knocked over a blind man in a village, no one else around, no cars, he just stepped out in front of me. Still not good, blame myself should have been more alert. Def' need more lerts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice