Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Squirrels are getting very busy this week. They seemed to be everywhere this morning.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hardly wildlife but our cat wanted to help last night.

IMG_20171011_194210516.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
[QUOTE 4994828, member: 9609"]should this not be in another thread ? it is a very beautiful little cat and it is a very endearing picture, but cats do an immense amount of damage to our native wildlife, particularly birds.[/QUOTE]

I agree re damage cats do , but this old boy is an indoor cat

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Hedgehog time! Just caught this little bloke in the garden. We're eating well tonight!

Actually, he'll be away up the motorway tomorrow. He is way too small to get through the winter so he will have heated accommodation and food if/when hunger pangs strike! I will pay for his bed and board!

I think the hogs had two litters this summer. There are some huge ones, mediums and at least this one little one.

image.jpeg

For the record, he is only 350g.

albal

Guru
Driving to ouistreham from Reims, work..... boring sh, anyway buzzards in abundance along the motorway, well into double figures. A bonus being right hand drive.

potsy

Rambler
Plucky little goldfinch today, wasn't letting go of the feeder for any hurricane ^_^

View: https://youtu.be/zcpBu1OXkiQ

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 5007352, member: 9609"]........Large numbers of Field Fares (200+) in North Northumberland a few days ago, cycling is a wonderful way to see these birds as they will keep moving along in the fields at about the same rate.....[/QUOTE]

There are some abandoned commercial apple orchards on the outskirts of the village, and I swear I've seen a thousand fieldfares at a time in there. It's a truly astonishing sight (and sound). I left the bullace on our trees this year (there were soooooo many........one tree broke under the weight), expecting the fieldfares to come and strip the lot. Not one! Not a single one bothered. I had to prune the crop off the branches before the big winds last week.

Top Bottom