Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have just been fishing for an hour hoping for a pike. Nothing doing there but, we saw two ducklings. They were well past the yellow stage but we're still very small.

Unusual at this time of year?

Not doubting your id skills but could they have been Little Grebe? They are a similar size to ducklings & have fooled me more than once.

gbb

Legendary Member
A regular sighting almost daily now alongside the A1M as I drive home, Buzzard.
As I join from the A14 theres a wide section of grass and I will often see one on the grass, searching for worms, small mammals, roadkill perhaps. Then the same a few miles further north near Peterborough.
At each location, you'll often see one sat on a fence post, light crescent patch clearly visible on their chests.

No biggie really but go back 20 years, you NEVER saw buzzards round here.

albal

Guru
A regular sighting almost daily now alongside the A1M as I drive home, Buzzard.
As I join from the A14 theres a wide section of grass and I will often see one on the grass, searching for worms, small mammals, roadkill perhaps. Then the same a few miles further north near Peterborough.
At each location, you'll often see one sat on a fence post, light crescent patch clearly visible on their chests.

No biggie really but go back 20 years, you NEVER saw buzzards round here.

I drive around France . A lot. It's a similar story. So many line the autoroute sat on posts downward looking for their next prey. Never noticed them back in the early nineties . It's a joy to see them so prevalent.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Anyone identify these please?

DSC_0236.JPG

Cavalol

Guru
Sadly the injured fox we saw at work hasn't been spotted in ages. We got a fox rescue place in who left us a cage (monitored through day and night) for a few weeks, but he/she never showed up.
Have to accept the poor thing has probably passed away now, made even more harder to deal with by the absolute and utter scum who hunted one recently then threw it into the canal after their dogs had ripped it to bits.

Top Bottom