Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Our own nest boxes are not huge successes but the one that does get well used faces NE and is well away from the feeders (and rival birds). You may have to compromise but you want the box to be out of direct sunlight ,so that it does not overheat, and not face prevailing winds and the rain they bring. The boxes also need to be out well before the breeding season as they are scouted very early on. We didn't realise this with our first ones - we were taking them down in winter to avoid rot and putting them back up too late.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

A Toucan! :laugh:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So having posted this at the end of March...never seen a Short Eared Owl on a bike ride, rarely see a weasel...aren't I lucky etc

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-days-wildlife.174739/post-6365796

Last night...saw a Short Eared Owl and a weasel, but in completely different places so different animals. SEO was on the Stanedge climb out of Uppermill, weasel shot across the road near Mossley

I've either been incredibly lucky these past couple of months or I've been riding around with my eyes closed previously

Rezillo

TwoSheds
A turtle dove turned up in our garden today, hopefully the same one that was here last year (and which was the first we'd seen since 2012). Whether he/she has a mate who is making the same journey remains to be seen. I will post a picture when I can - the slightest movement near a window spooks them so it is a bit tricky.

Top Bottom