Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
bunnies.jpg

Lullabelle

Banana
Today we saw a jay

Eurasian-Jay-C-Web.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I was in work today, New Court, Corpus Christi to be precise and a peregrine came through quite low squawking its head off about something. They nest on the university library and other such tall cliffs. Plenty of flying rats to eat, and they're a bit of competition for the sparrow hawks!

ACS

Legendary Member
Setting aside the spring time sport of lamb slalom, I saw a hare racing down the road in front of me. Not sure if he was trying to show off his superior straight line speed or escape from the buzzard circling above.

Couple of young deer in a field of dairy cattle and dozen or so oyster catchers feeding in the adjacent field.

now I'm back out of hospital I can see wildlife again (I saw a couple of crows in the 4 days I was in hospital!)
So far this morning I have seen the male and female bullfinch, nuthatch, tree creeper, great tits, blue tits, greater spotted woodpecker, robin, blackbird, thrush, wood pigeon, dunnock, coal tit, and probably a few more I can't quite remember right now... It's been nice :smile:

Mireystock

SIip-slidin' down Big Pig...
On this mornings ride, eight or so fallow deer, numerous jays and squirrels, and two boar that rather comically emerged from the undergrowth just as a camo'd up wildlife photographer went past me (he missed seeing them by seconds ! ) I'm sure one of them winked at me and went 'Sshhhh !'

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Snake Pass is roadkill heaven

Today's carnage;

Rabbit x 1
Mountain Hare x 1
Pheasant x 1
Red Grouse x 2

When I did the Etape Pennines last year it was dodge the roadkill :sad:
When we were in the far north of Norway, there was one day when the road kill consisted of lemmings and there was no way of avoiding it... there were more than you could count even going up hill and the only thing you could do was try to avoid the live ones! :sad: :cry: I wasn't allowed to rescue and adopt one :cry:

I've just had a juvenile robin visit my bedroom... It stayed put for a few moments on the quilt before I said hello to it hoping that it would leave the same way it came in and without getting lost! It did thankfully, but it was a cute little thing and very inquisitive.

(We have bird feeders on the window despite it being a skylight/dormer window and the window is always open, so guests do sometimes visit!)

Top Bottom