Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3810996, member: 9609"]I couldn't get to this one myself, had to enlist the wife, and she wasn't very happy with either the tick or where it was - lol - got it out in one piece though[/QUOTE]
I also had to enlist help as well... strangely my OH was interested in helping my with its removal when he found out the location!

I had previously sent my husband to the vets to purchase some tick removal tools which we keep in the first aid kit. The vets insisted that they needed a pet to be able to allow us to pay for the items! So rather than use the name and address of the person we were staying with whose dog was registered at said vets, my husband registered me as his bitch! If he had been the one with the tick the jokes would have been great :laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
[QUOTE 3810732, member: 9609"]wildlife you don't want to find at bath time
tick_0929_zpsipambbom.jpg
[/QUOTE]xx(

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A humming bird at the bird feeder

IMG_20150727_073608.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Boobies...yes Boobies, probably Brown Boobies apparently, just floating and wheeling in the sky above the sea in Cape Verde,then a sudden dive into the sea. I say Brown ones, they were very dark with white undersides and under wings...lovely, quite a size.
Red legged stilts, extraordinarily long bright red legs in a water pool near the town of Santa Maria, Sal.
Got some photos but only on the mobile..too difficult to upload.

Hyslop

Veteran
To be truthful,this is actually yesterdays wildlife!Wandered into the outhouse and realized that somewhere near me,something was squeaking and flapping! It turned out to be a young Blue Tit with more adventure in his soul than is perhaps good at that age.I managed to encourage him out of a window onto the Rosemary bush where an agitated female was fluttering about.Move on some hours and here again(I imagine) is the lad himself, pottering about the paving,poking into things that dont concern him,resting in cat friendly places,and generally messing about,nibbling whatsoever I threw down.Absolutely no fear of my prescence ensured a long and close look at a young Tit,and I have to say,I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Top Bottom