Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Seen two foxes out in broad daylight. Wednesday at 20:30 a young adult on a patch of grass, scratching, grooming and stretching in a manner that made me think it had just woken up. Friday at 06:00 a juvenile chasing something (a cat?) across a road.

Mrs M

Guru
Despite getting Thomas a collar with bell that he's kept on for almost a week :smile:
A poor wee bird on the lawn today :sad:
Sorry little one.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A far from camera shy dragonfly.

It put up with several attempts to get a close up shot.

IMG_20150801_153045789.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A Ruby-Throated Hummingbird among my wife's begonias.

gbb

Legendary Member
A sea eagle :hyper:
Floating around above the surf off Ponta Preta, then quickly floated down..ooh, is he going to take something from the shallows...no, oh well, we had to move on then.
Similar to an Osprey in colouring, a bit smaller perhaps.
I thought id seen a couple off the coast the other day but disregarded the thought, surely not i thought...
Its a remarkably barren place inland but the sea is full of life.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I've been trying to photograph one of those at a humming bird feeder but they are too timid and skittish to hang around in the presence of humans.
That was my experience at Uni, which was a great deal farther south in Illinois, so it had more honeysuckle and trumpet vines, including a large trumpet vine near an outdoor cafeteria at the student center. That area was rife with hummingbirds due to the presence of the trumpet vine, as well as a few unattended pops (sodas) now and again.

Top Bottom