Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
F8D71A26-898A-4EE9-87B0-12C6DC339DAC.jpeg

09B8CE9C-67D7-4454-BCB4-010631FC25E5.jpeg

A1DEE0C3-3F9E-4388-A3B2-61D746E2B91F.jpeg
I was working in a garden in Yealmpton today with huge conifers. There was a family of freshly fledged Goldcrests. I didn’t have my camera out for long as I was supposed to be working!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@biggs682 the other is Ermine moth

Thanks @Dave 123 just the caterpillars to sort now

Its a Browntail Moth caterpillar. The warm spring has resulted in huge numbers and there are stories in the news about people getting non serious rashes from the fine hairs

We have something similar here. Unfortunately I forgot the name but they're little white critters that travel in huge columns and whose hairs are a sort of natural asbestos. wherever they are the local authorities have to cordon the area off.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We have something similar here. Unfortunately I forgot the name but they're little white critters that travel in huge columns and whose hairs are a sort of natural asbestos. wherever they are the local authorities have to cordon the area off.

They get something similar in Spain. I don’t know correct name, I have heard them called “Processional Caterpillars”. They especially a problem for dogs, apparently.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Some people count sheep...
1 badger
IMG_0460_MomentB.jpg
2 badgers
IMG_0460_MomentBB.jpg
3 badgers - mum followed the two well grown cubs.
This is the moment when one walked under her and she nonchalantly lifted her left back leg to avoid kicking it!
IMG_0460_MomentBBB1.jpg
On their way home
IMG_0460_MomentBBB2.jpg
Dad(?) arrived for a long drink from the pond, after dawn!
IMG_0462_MomentB.jpg
All in a very ordinary garden in suburban Nottingham!

Top Bottom