Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Coal tits. We now have a pair visiting
AC7BB9FF-5A18-4CA7-AD5B-6263A2994D47.jpeg

_DSC9016.jpeg

And the labour of love goes on for the robins. I think this one is looking out of the chick’s bum hole!
IMG_1309.png

gbb

Legendary Member
We're sat in the garden, urban estate Red Kite are very common here, our son just watched one harrying a crow till the crow dropped whatever it had and red kite flew off with whatever the crow had.

Proto

Legendary Member
We're sat in the garden, urban estate Red Kite are very common here, our son just watched one harrying a crow till the crow dropped whatever it had and red kite flew off with whatever the crow had.

I've heard that kites have taken to dive bombing schoolchildren in Thame, Oxon and stealing their sandwiches. Must be terrifying!

Reactions: gbb

Chris S

Legendary Member
A brown rat trotted along beside me at Edgbaston Reservoir today. It wasn't at all frightened until a pigeon flapped its wings and sent it scurrying.

Willd

Veteran
The ones on our patio last night were busy devouring pigeon poop :wacko: Still, it stops the dog doing it I guess :tongue:

Windle

Über Member
I don't know about anybody else but most of our birds appear to have gone on holiday at the moment. A few weeks ago I was topping the feeders up twice a day but now the grub's lasting ages. There's normally a lull in summer when there's loads of wild stuff to eat and when they're resting after rearing little 'uns, but I can't remember it ever being so quiet now. Saying that I saw a Long Tailed Tit and GSW on the peanuts just before I came to work this morning but the quantity just aren't there.

Top Bottom