Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Grandad was the works manager for the Lancia team in the seventies. One of my earliest motoring memories is being driven into the Blackwall tunnel in a competition spec Fulvia and the sound of the exhaust echoing back BBWWWWWAAAAAAAAA!
Talking of noisy cars, my next door neighbour had a TVR Tamsin 390, it was like a Lancaster bomber taking off every morning, in a good kind of way :okay:

D

Deleted member 26715

I used to like these when I was a youngster, although I believe the engines were a bit naff and were nearly always replaced by the Rover V8 or something similar if anyone wanted to keep them.

View attachment 524043
Funnily enough I was looking at these last night, they seem to have jumped in price, possibly as more of them are dropping into the No MOT & Free VED bracket.

Dream car is a difficult concept, it depends on so many things, I've always wanted an old Beetle on the road, I've got one now, done a few hundred miles it'll be for sale next week, been there, done that, box ticked. Problem now is what next.

Gunk

Guru
I'm getting to the point where no car would be my preferred option which is very sad

you can probably see from my posts that I used to be absolutely car mad, these days I'm completely ambivalent to new cars, apart from a new Golf GTi I can't think of another new car I would actually buy with my own money. The thought of an electric car is utterly depressing, I'm pretty sure once I retire we will just go down to one car and that will something simple and modest, I've hardly used mine over the last couple of months.

Talking of noisy cars, my next door neighbour had a TVR Tamsin 390, it was like a Lancaster bomber taking off every morning, in a good kind of way :okay:
View attachment 524092

I remember covering one of the Powertour (F3-GT) meetings at Brands Hatch back in 2001. Was stood next to Bobby Verdon-Roe's TVR Cerbera Speed 12 when it was fired up - it took several *days* for my hearing to return to normal.

That was one hell of a car - beautiful but totally bonkers...

D

Deleted member 26715

you can probably see from my posts that I used to be absolutely car mad, these days I'm completely ambivalent to new cars, apart from a new Golf GTi I can't think of another new car I would actually buy with my own money. The thought of an electric car is utterly depressing, I'm pretty sure once I retire we will just go down to one car and that will something simple and modest, I've hardly used mine over the last couple of months.
i'm the same had 50 cars by the time I was 21, worked on them as a hobby all my life, I've sorted the Beetle & have now lost interest. I built several kit cars, sold my last one just before lockdown & bought one that I'd fancied for a few years, it's outside sat on axle stands I just can't be bothered. I did think last night, selling the Beetle, selling the kit, possibly selling R1200GS BMW as I rarely ride that, lump it together & with a bit of saving buy something nice but then I think I don't want that money tied up in a car.

macp

Guru
Over the last few years I have gone the same way but then we bought one of these. Its a Fiesta Vignale and loaded with kit but by god its a good steer. That little turbocharged 3 pot is an absolute gem and sounds lovely. Not a dream car but given me back a little of that driving enjoyment I once had.

Off track again sorry folks.

IMG_1407.JPG

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’ve been lucky enough to have a go in a few ‘dream’ cars in some dream locations. Various Lamborghinis and Aston Martins are probably the most ‘desirable’. I loved every moment in all of them, but I don’t think I’d own any of them. With the possible exception of the V12 Vantage S - that was a visceral experience!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I remember covering one of the Powertour (F3-GT) meetings at Brands Hatch back in 2001. Was stood next to Bobby Verdon-Roe's TVR Cerbera Speed 12 when it was fired up - it took several *days* for my hearing to return to normal.

That was one hell of a car - beautiful but totally bonkers...
Do you want a road legal one of those as well? From Donington Park last year, converted from the race car and I think they'd installed a slightly less insane engine
TVR Speed 12 (1).JPG

Top Bottom