Your Easter Sunday plans (England, sorry!)

Would you do a normal sunday group-ride, or visit family?

• Visit family

• Do a group ride

• Neither (because you're still staying away from other folks, or you have better things to do!)

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
EDIT: just noticed a typo - "Visit Family" should ideally be "Spend time with family", but it doesn't really make much odds!

I'm just trying to very roughly gauge the plans of the typical cyclist this Easter (for group-ride planning purposes).
n.b. this assumes two things:
- the Gov Roadmap relaxation goes ahead on March 29th, so we can ride in groups again over Easter weekend, and 2 households can mix.
"People will be allowed to meet outside, either with one other household or within the "rule of six", including in private gardens". And;
- your preferred local group have restarted rides by/on Sunday.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ll see family and cycle weather permitting but not in a group (as I don’t do group rides, with only one or two friends max)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've put 'do a group ride' when in reality it's my son doing a team TT as part of team training.

Me? I drive there / back and might get a ride later in the day.

Tribansman

Veteran
Same as vickster for me, may ride with a mate, don't really enjoy group rides (I see groups as anything more than a couple of mates).

Do virtually all of my miles on my own (as I like being able to go at my own pace and stop whenever I want), except for riding with my lad, and my dad whenever we meet up. Can't wait to be able to do that again.

But given the complete lack of social contact over the past year, really looking forward to a few rides with friends too.

Don't anticipate many people having issues with groups of riders, think the majority of people are counting down the days to restrictions easing and will be enjoying that rather than grinching. Hopefully anyway!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I don't do group rides & I don't think the places round here will quieten down until until the shops & pubs open. I'll be keeping a low profile during the Easter holidays

If the first two are the totality of options for anyone then they must lead a very boring life. :tongue:
Well ...
- I did give a 3rd option! And;
- My survey is aimed specifically at people who often join a ride on a Sunday, but on a normal Easter would spend it with family instead. And;
- Unless you are joining Ming's bender, I don't believe there ARE that many exciting activities available on Easter Sunday! :P

vickster

Legendary Member
Well ...
- I did give a 3rd option! And;
- My survey is aimed specifically at people who often join a ride on a Sunday, but on a normal Easter would spend it with family instead. And;
You didn’t clearly say that.
To me that’s not a typical cyclist but one who partakes in group rides (a minority of recreational cyclists if not club Mamil types).
I don’t actually have a family with whom I spend my whole life with, I’m beholden to no one (other than elderly parents needing IT support!)

vickster

Legendary Member
I write or analyse questionnaires most days as part of my job, but I’ve never bothered adding a poll to a forum post, too much of a bus woman’s holiday :laugh:

Top Bottom