Your Favourite Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockn Robin

2CB9095F-E9EE-4799-B5D7-B45B71BF714D.jpeg

I'm interested to know who is your favorite cyclist? Now, if anyone out there says Lance Bleedin' Armstrong, I'm coming out there and give you 50 lashes with a wet noodle, HAHAHAHA!!

Me, my vote goes to the brilliant Italian cyclist, Marco Pantani. A bull on the mountains, and the first to win the Giro of Italia and the Tour de France the same year.

So, who is your favorite from the past, and why?

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
A03129FA-3BB6-4519-8FD6-4D6902DFF34C.jpeg
Thomas Voeckler :smile:
Very entertaining with his gurning expressions!
Also a fantastic effort in the 2011 Tour de France.

Gino Bartali

192305166-770cdda2-9031-4b29-af75-d9b90dff393e.jpg

http://www.italyandtheholocaust.org/dont-talk-about-it-Gino-Bartali.aspx

Gino Bartali was a famous cyclist who won the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France. After Italy was occupied by Nazi Germany on September 8, 1943, Bartali was asked by Cardinal Della Costa of Florence to assist a clandestine effort that would help Jews escape capture and deportation. He was asked to be a courier of fake documents.

Gino hid the documents in his bicycle frame and delivered them to various destinations, including Assisi. He also sheltered the Goldenberg family in the basement of his home, risking his life and the lives of his family.

The story of Gino Bartali’s courageous actions is just one example of the many stories of so many individual Italians who made the choice to help Jews in danger. He was not indifferent and his actions made a difference. In addition to being a sports hero, Bartali was a true hero who saved many lives.

“Gino Bartali was risking his life all during the war.”

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Gino Bartali

View attachment 433760

http://www.italyandtheholocaust.org/dont-talk-about-it-Gino-Bartali.aspx

Gino Bartali was a famous cyclist who won the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France. After Italy was occupied by Nazi Germany on September 8, 1943, Bartali was asked by Cardinal Della Costa of Florence to assist a clandestine effort that would help Jews escape capture and deportation. He was asked to be a courier of fake documents.

Gino hid the documents in his bicycle frame and delivered them to various destinations, including Assisi. He also sheltered the Goldenberg family in the basement of his home, risking his life and the lives of his family.

The story of Gino Bartali’s courageous actions is just one example of the many stories of so many individual Italians who made the choice to help Jews in danger. He was not indifferent and his actions made a difference. In addition to being a sports hero, Bartali was a true hero who saved many lives.

“Gino Bartali was risking his life all during the war.”

Maybe I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a movie or documentary about him?

Maybe I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a movie or documentary about him?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3233904/

Top Bottom