Your favourite non-cycling specific tool.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My Swiss Army Knife. Its lovely. Its the camping one, the Ranger if i remember right. It spends most its time siting on my desk though:sad:. Was really handy to have around with the tooth pick, screw drivers, can opener, bottle opener and tweezes on it. Although it would be legal for me to carry it around with me everyday i dont. Used to sit in a leather pouch on my belt tucked away for when i needed it.
Its got a saw on it aswell, which is surprisingly good.:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
A bottle opener, the beer tastes better than out of flip top cans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note if you do a lot of flying then carrying any sharp tool is liable to give you hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have a silver swiss-army knife type thibng, just a good as a swiss army knife but i giot it free from woolies when i spent £5 on a pair of pliers with added other tool-y bits.
Gosh, I didn't even make a smutty joke about my tool! :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
My Britool spanners.

I favour Britool as well...their new spanners are finished with a lovely smooth 'satin' chrome. Their extra length makes gives them more leverage...very satisfying to use.

I love tools, allen keys...dont know why ?
Oh, and a Mig welder...i love welding. Not brilliant at it, but very acceptable.

My Dad brought me back a Swiss Army Knife from Switzerland when I was a kid, unfortunately 20 yaers plus its lost now :biggrin: but I'd agree it was very useful when I had it. I've got a coulple of leatherman copies and whilst they're usefull to there not as small and compact.

domtyler

Über Member
The little Bonsai moulding bars are incredibly handy too.

Another all time favourite which unfortunately gets precious little use is my beautiful splitting maul.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm rather fond of a set of Sykes Pickavant metric ring-ended spanners. They have a mirror chrome finish and are very satisfying to use.

Rigid Raider said:
This is my favourite tool:

10294.jpg

I've heard these are very effective when collecting outstanding debts! :biggrin:

Top Bottom