Your favourite/recomended spoons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
88689051-A50D-45E3-9E78-44BCFB520E02.jpeg

Best value breakfast in Henley is at 'spoons. Prime central location.
(Not saying much, I know! But it IS civilised, and I think they've reopened the courtyard for bike parking now 👍

stephec

Legendary Member
The one in Rugeley, another old cinema, quite small for a spoons but I've had a couple of good afternoons in there when working in town.

Venod

Eh up
I have been in a lot of spoons, they all have different merits, my favourite architectural one is the Ritz in Lincoln, the one we use a lot is the Hedley Verity in Leeds, it's nothing special but is always lively and good for a quick snack before visiting some better pubs.

I'd rather spend my money on local businesses.

markemark

Über Member
the furloughed thing may merit further investigation.
particularly with regard to the actions of some other outfits.
I voted remain - though with some important reservations.
have had natters on all sides of that issue with folks in spoons.
do/did you have any favoured ones?
The Corn Ex in Bury is a lovely building to be in.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I wouldn't go so far as to recommend any. The Imperial in Exeter (Tim Martin's local) is a lovely, huge building. The beer is okay, the food tolerable.
The Hop Pole in Tewkesbury is an interesting building & the rooms are reasonable.
I've stayed in ones in Birmingham & elsewhere. I've had awful food in a few.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
, the one we use a lot is the Hedley Verity in Leeds, it's nothing special but is always lively and good for a quick snack before visiting some better pubs.

I think I cycled loaded past that a while ago - didn't stop as didn't look too handy for the bike. On two trips recently used the Stick or Twist and Cuthbert Broderick - both very good outside space with an easy hop inside to the bar with clear sight of bike. Both good beer and nice staff. Latter one surrounded by some nice old buildings.

Sometimes the modern ones with somewhat bland exteriors are actually very handy - lots of glass - clear views of parked bike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
The Corn Ex in Bury is a lovely building to be in.
Confused me for a while as I know both of the Bury ones - very different but both have their merits.
But seems you mean Bury St Edmunds - does indeed look like a fine place.
Tho have the idea it might not be too handy if with a loaded bike.

Top Bottom