Your First Commute of the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
There was no "first" commute for me, I never stopped working during the festive season ^_^

Moodyman

Legendary Member
my first yesterday for 2.5 weeks. Much slower and every section I was riding one gear lower than normal.

was regretting every mince pie and every chocolate bite on every hill.

mustang1

Guru
Not bike commuted since 22 Dec. I was fine though but nearly took the train because I was late. However I was somewhat determined to still take the bike as I knew I'd be annoyed for the entire day if I hadn't.

Col5632

Guru
Totally off-topic, but can someone enlighten me as to what this rank thing is that some people have going on at the bottom of their posts, such as @Col5632 above?
Cheers.

It's a website called Mycyclinglog, you create an account then once you have an account you ask to join the cyclechat group and then change the signature to have the code from the website, if you need any help doing it then give me a shout.

It's a website called Mycyclinglog, you create an account then once you have an account you ask to join the cyclechat group and then change the signature to have the code from the website, if you need any help doing it then give me a shout.

Thanks. And what does the actual rank refer to? Percentage of cycling miles completed towards your stated annual target perhaps?
Just trying to set up an account now although I think I'll regret it when I end up downtown bottom ranking!

Col5632

Guru
Thanks. And what does the actual rank refer to? Percentage of cycling miles completed towards your stated annual target perhaps?
Just trying to set up an account now although I think I'll regret it when I end up downtown bottom ranking!

Yeah you basically set a target for the year, the percentage is how much of it you have completed, I pay no real attention to the rank as that's against nutters who do 20 miles each way to work etc

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Mine was good. It wasnt raining and so I extended it to 26 miles. I dont count mileage on a daily basis but I am getting used to my Edge Touring and Plotaroute. Now you can download from Plotaroute to the Edge Touring with a couple of mouse clicks it is brilliant.

Yeah you basically set a target for the year, the percentage is how much of it you have completed, I pay no real attention to the rank as that's against nutters who do 20 miles each way to work etc
Thanks. I've signed up and logged my rides for the year so far. I was about to start a spreadsheet to do this tonight but am grateful to you for putting me onto cyclinglog.com as that's a much better way of doing it. Have joined the cyclechat group so I can see you and @helston90, @DCLane and all the other whippersnappers. Doesn't look like my info. from there has appeared on my postings on here like you lot have showing but I'm not bothered about that - saves on embarrassment!

Col5632

Guru
Thanks. I've signed up and logged my rides for the year so far. I was about to start a spreadsheet to do this tonight but am grateful to you for putting me onto cyclinglog.com as that's a much better way of doing it. Have joined the cyclechat group so I can see you and @helston90, @DCLane and all the other whippersnappers. Doesn't look like my info. from there has appeared on my postings on here like you lot have showing but I'm not bothered about that - saves on embarrassment!

THIS thread contains all the info you require if you want a ticker at the bottom :smile:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
^there is a delay between updating your info on MCL and it appearing on your ticker- so don't panic if it's a bit behind.

Top Bottom