Your First Commute of the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Well, at the end of my first week of commuting, one trip missed (flat). Legs are not thanking me in the slightest. They ache like I've just done a 100 mile ride.
And Monday I have to drive again, as the car has to go to the garage.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
first commute of 2015 and first flat of 2015! in fact first flat on that bike for about 8 or more months :sad:
happened just before where i turn into school so got into school and parked up and then had to wait for more than an hour for dad to pick me up in afternoon. cold, strong wind and drizzle :sad: :sad:
Cheers Ed

You should carry spares tubes etc with you

young Ed

Veteran
You should carry spares tubes etc with you
yeah, i should. TBH only reason i don't is because i rarely get more than 1 puncture a year on that bike and i pretty much always have someone who could collect me.
i do on the road bike as i almost expect the dreaded on 23mm summer slicks running 115 psi.
if i know there isn't someone to collect me i do chuck i tube and co2 inflator in my bag
Cheers Ed

L Q

Über Member
Did my 1st commute today 10 miles each way, massive back wind on the way to work so dreading the return journey as I knew it was going to be tough, left work and the wind had Completly drop so ended up 4 mins slower than the mornings ride. Well pleased and the 1st of many commutes and saving me a fortune on fuel.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yep, noticed that myself. On the way in I had to check that someone wasn't pushing me. On the way back, hardly any wind at all, and got home in record time.

Top Bottom