Your First Commute of the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Working out how to keep my new bike clean has got me into a bit of a flap recently, but riding stats are never likely to get me panicked. There's no point in me worrying about that. Unless cyclelog adds a category for 'fun factor of ride' then I'm never going to trouble the big guns!

This time of year there tends to be an influx of 'why isn't my ticker working' and 'I rode this morning but my signature isn't showing it' threads.

First day (Monday) was brilliant, with empty roads all the way, mainly due to the number of schools having a "teacher training day." On Tuesday, many roads were back to being a car park, and I'm convinced the queues were longer than before Christmas.

zaza123

Managed to commute both directions every working weekday since this year and no major incidents traffic or weather-wise. I have set out 15 minutes earlier than last years schedule and taken the long way around turning a paltry 3 mile commute into a 6.5 mile one on quieter roads. A bit more of a workout for a cycling newbie and a lot less incident :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My first 2015 commute today, but a very short one, still that's me off 0 for the year!

And a strange feeling as you remember how nice it is to ride a bike, I always forget just how much I do like the sensation of making the wheels go round!

young Ed

Veteran
first commute of 2015 and first flat of 2015! in fact first flat on that bike for about 8 or more months :sad:
happened just before where i turn into school so got into school and parked up and then had to wait for more than an hour for dad to pick me up in afternoon. cold, strong wind and drizzle :sad: :sad:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom