Your first games console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I fancy a bit of retro, so lets hear what your first console or gaming computer was and the games you liked to play.

zwKlB4D.jpg

4ljn77g.jpg

LoQgDzY.jpg

5SVbHQt.jpg

rxaO0aK.jpg

G7Isi1x.jpg

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had a commodore 64 as well. Considering how little power it had it was surprisingly expensive back in the day.

Then we bought an Atari. Those were the days. ^_^

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Loads of them. Spectrum was the first, then Vic 20, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC 128, Amiga (Brilliant machine, wish I'd kept it) and a few more I've forgotten about. My first computer was a ZX81, but that was hardly a games machine.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Never played a video game in my life.
nor me

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Sinclair Spectrum 48k
Favourite game - Lords of Midnight
View attachment 481339

Same here... never came across Lords of Midnight though.

Favourite games were Death Chase; the motorbike chase through a wood (on 16k I think), Time Gate; the closest I've been to flying the Millennium Falcon and Turbo Esprit; possibly the first game in which one could ignore the game and roam freely (first one i played anyhoo).

I'll still dig out the PS1 on occasion to play Worms Armageddon or Driver, or have a round of Everybody's Golf on the PS2.

And I keep toying with buying an Xbox 360 now the games are less than a pound.

wormo

Guru
Had that tennis game in the late 70s, then moved on to the Atari for a few years. Then got into model railways so wasn't bothered after that.

OP
OP
RoadRider400

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Worms, yes absolute classic.

Me and a mate of mine used to play on his Amiga 1200. We would search for maps with fairly equal sized islands and spent an eternity setting up camp with our worm armies before starting battle which would last just 5 or 10 minutes.

Top Bottom