Your first games console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
This. You flicked switches to choose game and speed, one player, two player etc. Tennis, squash, a firing game etc.

IMG_0166.jpg

Slioch

Guru
Spectrum 48K for me.

Favourite games were Elite, Fairlight, and Tir Na Nog IIRC.

Oh, nearly forgot Jet Set Willy - Mario Bros eat your heart out!

Do you know that apparently you can download emulators onto modern pc's/laptops these days. And to give you the authentic experience, it takes 10 minutes to load a game with the yellow/black flashing borders and screeching noises. Why would you?????

DAMHIKT :unsure:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
C64 in 1989. Loved it. It was bought used so had about 100 games.

We got a PC in about 1993 but games were limited to solitaire.

Then when at Uni in 2001 i got a used PS1. Hogs of war, worms, tony hawk and matt Hoffman pro bmx were played daily for 2 years solid. Great times.

Then had a PS3 but only played Gran Turismo and i collected all 1000+ of the cars

Levo-Lon

Guru
Vic 20, blitz, cant remember anything else
I loved the arcade games, Defender, Phoenix, Star Bird, Asteroids etc and Space Invaders of course

Now I'm addicted to Tom Clancy The Division2 on xbox one, just brilliant

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Spectrum for me with the rubber keys
Impossible Mission
84258-impossible-mission-zx-spectrum-screenshot-one-of-many-rooms.png

With 2 kids i dont get time to play although a MMO that closed in 2012 that ran for 8 years is now in the hands of private servers so if you like super hero stuff with no PK ( apart from from designated zones ) its a winner
https://massivelyop.com/2019/07/08/city-of-heroes-homecoming-interview/

fossala

Guru
My Dad had a ZX spectrum and some floppy based system, I remember him playing Bomb Jack a lot. My first console was a NES, me and my Step-Mum played that for hours together. Over the years we got a megadrive, amigacd32, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube. Guess I was quite lucky.

I rarely game now (although I just downloaded dmc5 to give it a go) but my wife and son love it. They both have an Xbox one and play online together a lot.

Top Bottom