Your first games console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Had that tennis game in the late 70s, .
We had the tennis gane in 1972 on our black n white telly. We had hours of fun playing that. The inlaws even came to play it.
Never had any of them darn new fangle console thingy majigs.

Acorn Electron here. Still have it in a box upstairs together with the cassette player and some games me and my kids used on it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had a Vic 20.
It ran some games via cartridge which would load almost instantly.
Games via tape probably loaded 50% of the time and it took ages to load or crash.

My favourite game was Omega Race. Just admire the high tech graphics.
4EA56A4B-D405-4AFF-AB8A-6CCF28711C7E.jpeg

OP
OP
RoadRider400

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Used to have fond memories of looking through the Argos and Index catalogues at all the consoles and games.

My friend had an Amiga 1200 and that had some very addictive games. Such as:

Trick or Treat

2VQuXoo.jpg

Deluxe Galaga

9mXvuNL.jpg

The Settlers

hye6B1u.jpg

After the C64 I moved on to the NES and then Sega Megadrive II.

Unsurprisingly my fave game on the NES was Super Mario 3. Just such a shame that back then you did not have the facility to save games that were in progress. I was never allowed to play on the consoles for more than about 30 minutes at a time. On the Mega Drive Mortal Kombat II was one of the all time greats imo. I also had Rise of the Robots which was a similar style of game. However the gameplay was absolute turd.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Spectrum, then Mega drive, then PC. Not really done gaming since mid 20's since, but I might just have built a replica arcade gaming machine, with pukka buttons at the start of the year. Farkin brill it is....

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not mine, but my next door neighbour had a Magnavox Odyssey in the late 70s. All the games were crap except for Quest for the Rings which was the greatest (as long as you didn't try to play it as intended: a combined board and video game- that was boring)

NGIaM24.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
ZX Spectrum then Commodore 64 I think. Anyone remember buying the computer magazines and sitting for hours laboriously typing in all the code for a game? If you made the slightest mistake it wouldn’t work. :laugh:

Top Bottom