Your first ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
5 years ago next month my middle daughter talked me in to hiring bike on a holiday in France I was 45, the first wobbly pedals led to a moment I won't ever forget and that was the feeling proper euphoria and it really went through my mind why did I ever stop doing this when I was 17. Took ages to re-build any kind of fitness but I lost 7 stone trying!

gbb

Legendary Member
I spent years short distance commuting..no, I did have a couple years cycling 5 miles each way commuting on an old racer...but once I decided to get a road bike at roughly 42..I set off onto Oundle Road toward...er Oundle, I did 5 miles hard...and thought my face would melt. Jesus...10 miles round trip. 10 quickly became 15, became 20 etc etc but that was my first serious ride, even though I'd spent years on a bike.

U

User33236

After taking a break from cycling many years back I bought a hybrid over 10 years ago and started doing shortish rides of of 3 to 5 miles along canal paths near where I lived.

Built up from there and have now done a number of 100+ mile rides. I'm now in the very early planning stage of a LEJOG ride with my son.

Top Bottom