Your funeral song

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I don't care what they play, I won't be there to hear it! If I ever get round to it, I may specify that it's straight from place of death to crematorium with no ceremony instead.

One of my ex-work colleagues went out to this, which was quite funny if you knew his lifestyle

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My wife wanted the bit of Land of the Mountain and the Flood played as theme tune for Sutherlands Law.
I gave the minister the CD and he had it all set up at the correct bit.
Unfortunately during the service his machine reset itself to the beginning which is a bit dreary and the wrong bit came on when he pressed the button. I am sure she would have had a good laugh at the faux pas.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Unashamedly stolen from elsewhere.

What song do you want played at your funeral?

I'm going with the full 45 minute version of Thick as a Brick, and the buggers are going to be forced to sit through everly last second of it.

I'd go for Echoes by Pink Floyd & yes, make 'em sit through it all😊

DRM

Guru
Yeah Comfortably Numb would be my choice to go out with. Had a friend who had Stairway to Heaven, not felt the same about that song since.
On a wild note, how about entry with Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.................too much?
Was listening to The Wall album on the way home, i’d forgotten how unsuitably suitable this would be when played right from the beginning, genius choice I think.

Top Bottom