Your funeral song

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
"When I am lain in earth" Purcell.

That should have them crying even if they are not sure if I was the big chap on a small bike or the small chap on a big bike.^_^

crossfire

Yeah Comfortably Numb would be my choice to go out with. Had a friend who had Stairway to Heaven, not felt the same about that song since.
On a wild note, how about entry with Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.................too much?

stephec

Legendary Member
Yeah Comfortably Numb would be my choice to go out with. Had a friend who had Stairway to Heaven, not felt the same about that song since.
On a wild note, how about entry with Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.................too much?
It's a good choice, and it's your funeral so have whatever you want.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Nothing mawkish or sentimental, I've been to a few funerals where the lyrics were too raw and everyone's in floods of tears and just further devastated by a really touching or emotional song.
Something nice, upbeat, just a favourite song that isn't about passing on, or missing someone... perhaps "Sound and Vision" by Bowie... who wouldn't want to be carted away to that bass line.

giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom