Your funeral song

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm torn between choosing some bog awful maudlin sentimental crap that will annoy the feck out of everyone, or choosing songs i actually like.

If it's left to my brother or sister to choose, it'll be something like Shine On... by Pink Floyd (a song i can't bear these days, but my brother likes it) and some middle of the road crap my sister likes, Celine Dion maybe xx(.

What's the process.... one for them to walk in to, one to listen to during the service and one to leave to?

OK... this on a loop to walk into
and this for them to leave to...

delb0y

Legendary Member
Now then, as stated I have no desire for any this self indulgent sentimentality of choons at a funeral, but Drift Away is a top track and in my all time toptastic top three. Good choice.

Yes, great song. There was a time when it was my favourite song, too. I think it was used in a chocolate bar advert many decades ago.

As regards my funeral, I quite fancy "In My Life" by the Beatles.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Matt Monro.....Softly As I Leave You

(I have a huge soft spot for the East End in the 1970s.......and this reminds me of those heady days)

And

Fun sponge
None, I'm not having a funeral. They can tip my useless rotten carcass in the ditch along with the KFC packaging and Red Bull cans as far as I'm concerned. Load of egotistical nonsense.
Ah Elton, apparently it doesn't work like that..... my wife and I had this very conversation last week (one of our closest friends is terminally ill, hence the subject was bought up) - I was of the same opinion as you, either ditch, compost heap or 'body farm' https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-01436-8 for me, but my wife said 'not a chance, how can the rest of us grieve?' So, it's a cremation with a Johnny Cash song, either 'Hurt' or 'Ring of Fire' :okay:

Forever in blue jeans.... My karaoke standard... I would use it as a an extra test as to whether I'm dead or not... if I don't join in.... you can bury/cremate me!

or perhaps making your dreams come true by Cyndi Grecco - theme to Laverne and Shirley for no other reason than its the best T.V theme ever! but I'd want the talking bit by Laverne and Shirley as well not just the version on spotify without it.... 'one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated'

Top Bottom