Your minds eye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I've already got a spreadsheet going, and the proposal is in to my professor :rolleyes:
Another point, which your avatar has reminded me of, are those avatars which at first glance you can't make out what they are, so your mind comes up with something else. In yours I see Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors, no offence obs.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Many moons ago I use to talk a lot to a young lady on the phone and before too long I got an image in my mind needless to say when I did actually meet her :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I am quite annoyed with myself for doing so, but have to admit I did too. Think it was as you farm, but of course there are loads of female farmers so I'm not sure why I automatically assumed. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, tbh it became an interesting exercise in 'unconcious bias' in and of itself..

Even amongst the reasonably enlightened.

Farmer
Large bicycle
Solo tourist

Forthright opinions ..

Didn't take much for 'trad' assumptions to be made :smile:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Until I just read that post I too thought @mudsticks was a bloke. In my mind she looked like this...

Do you find peoples avatars affects your image of them in your minds eye?

Take @Smokin Joe as an example. I've always thought he was an alright bloke, always read his posts with interest, but always though of him as late middle age, quiet, slippers and cardigan kind of guy (nothing wrong with that BTW - I aspire to it!)

Now he's changed his avatar I'm subconsciously thinking of him as a younger chap with a cheeky glint in his eye.

So, is this phenomenon something that afflicts only me?
Doesn't yours keep changing drago, from its current "normal" one that looks like a gi joe tony blair , and various other things?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Until I just read that post I too thought @mudsticks was a bloke. In my mind she looked like this...

View attachment 509661
I thought she was Reg reinvented:laugh: I really did.

I like being wrong sometimes, x @mudsticks

I won't even ask who 'Reg' was ... :angel:

But it's fairly hilarious, how unobservant folks are too. :rolleyes:
There are at least four photos on here, that I can think of, that quite clearly show, I'm of the female persuasion.

But at the same time it's rather reassuring, how little people are taking notice of others, or indeed of their own assumptions.

Means you can far more easily, get away with things .. :okay:

Top Bottom