Your next cycling purchase is going to be what.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

Bit of a grinding rattle - back wheel hub and cassette both on the way out most likely. Probably break half the spokes trying to get them out, so might as well get a new rim as well. Lots more miles in the tyre 'though. Wise to replace chain with new sprockets, obviously. Come to think of it, there's a couple of bent teeth on the big ring, and here are definitely lighter cranksets .. May as well replace bottom bracket bearings at the same time. This new setup could get a better range, so probably a good time to look at upgrading these slightly twisted old derailleur mechs. Hmm- new back wheel looks fantastic - matching front wouldn't be that much extra, and the tyre's still OK.. Replace brake pads naturally, but then cables need adjusting - buggritt -rusted solid- back to the shop for new ones. Actually, these old calipers were never much good anyway. Hey- look at these brake & shift levers - perfect match for the new calipers & mechs. Don't quite feel right on the bars ... maybe these ones over there but with a slightly shorter stem. That feels better, but still not perfect. Trouble is, this seatpost's never really been quite long enough, and it was always a bit heavy. Titanium's not as expensive as it used to be, you know. Saddle's served well - comfy enough, but ,well, the body changes with age ...maybe worth just trying out one of these new ergonomical thingies. Quick test ride round the block - this is good. Pity about the flex in the frame - just takes the edge off. These chinese carbon efforts look like a real bargain.....hmm click ckick ebay...
No point wasting money buying new bikes- had this one 20 years...

Not me, obviously- I'm saving up for a Vortex.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I didn't intend to but I went past the local junk shop and there was a Raleigh Wisp looking unloved. So I expect there are a number of purchases to be made including tyres which look like they have perished.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i cant stop spending!! bought some aztec pads for the front, 105 pedals, new cleats and shoes this week along with a jersey and my CC kit! im gonna try and persuade my missus to let me get a union flag jersey and some new bibs as the ones i have have worn through after 1000 miles on the inside of my right thigh!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Bit of a grinding rattle - back wheel hub and cassette both on the way out most likely. Probably break half the spokes trying to get them out, so might as well get a new rim as well. Lots more miles in the tyre 'though. Wise to replace chain with new sprockets, obviously. Come to think of it, there's a couple of bent teeth on the big ring, and here are definitely lighter cranksets .. May as well replace bottom bracket bearings at the same time. This new setup could get a better range, so probably a good time to look at upgrading these slightly twisted old derailleur mechs. Hmm- new back wheel looks fantastic - matching front wouldn't be that much extra, and the tyre's still OK.. Replace brake pads naturally, but then cables need adjusting - buggritt -rusted solid- back to the shop for new ones. Actually, these old calipers were never much good anyway. Hey- look at these brake & shift levers - perfect match for the new calipers & mechs. Don't quite feel right on the bars ... maybe these ones over there but with a slightly shorter stem. That feels better, but still not perfect. Trouble is, this seatpost's never really been quite long enough, and it was always a bit heavy. Titanium's not as expensive as it used to be, you know. Saddle's served well - comfy enough, but ,well, the body changes with age ...maybe worth just trying out one of these new ergonomical thingies. Quick test ride round the block - this is good. Pity about the flex in the frame - just takes the edge off. These chinese carbon efforts look like a real bargain.....hmm click ckick ebay...
No point wasting money buying new bikes- had this one 20 years...

Not me, obviously- I'm saving up for a Vortex.
Sounds a bit like a hammer I've got in the shed that belonged to my grandad. It's had 3 new shafts, and 2 new heads. But it's the hammer my grandad owned.

Raleigh Race.png

This is my next buy, Raleigh Race, reduced from £399 to £289.

Top Bottom