Your Not Ride Today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Can't really give a like for that, sounds too painful. Isn't Novocaine the one that makes you feel like you're dribbling all the time, and have a really swollen face, but you actually look normal?
Pretty much. They did a round of 4 shots, waited, then the surgeon came in and tapped the tooth with an instrument and said, "He's wincing, 4 more shots" then we waited 10 more minutes and away we went. I was dribbling the rest of the afternoon, but there was gauze packed in the side of my face, so it didn't matter. When I got off work I was already feeling better.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Today's non-ride:
Sorted out living room, put old PC back to factory settings and put it on the lawn with "free to good home" on it. It took 7 whole minutes to go.
Walked dogs
Did laundry - washed iPod :sad:
My back really aches today

I thought that I'd have a day off and see if my back feels better in the morning.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I did not get to ride in the local event today, as my wisdom tooth abscessed, and had to be removed immediately on Thursday.Dentist had to send me to the surgeon. 30 minutes of filling out paperwork, 20 minutes waiting for 2 rounds of Novocaine to take full effect, 3 minutes of operating. Did not feel like riding 70 miles on a bicycle today.
They did a round of 4 shots, waited, then the surgeon came in and tapped the tooth with an instrument and said, "He's wincing, 4 more shots" then we waited 10 more minutes and away we went. I was dribbling the rest of the afternoon, but there was gauze packed in the side of my face, so it didn't matter. When I got off work I was already feeling better.
(Feels faint and xx( :wacko:)

lesley_x

Über Member
My non ride today was due to helping my mum buy a bike!

She got a lovely Trek hybrid. The saleperson in the first shop obviously saw 'woman over 50 needs big steel bike with springy saddle and basket on front', so we promptly left and a nice guy in Alpine Bikes sorted us out.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
This thread is useless without pictures
20140728_164038_Richtone(HDR).jpg

So there's one from my not ride today. Looks remarkably similar to yesterday's not ride, and I suspect that tomorrow's will be the same..
On the plus side I am being waited on hand and foot by my good lady, ably assisted by 2 little helpers, so 3 square meals a day with tea almost on demand:smile:
For those who post on the 'Your ride today', keep at it, I will rejoin you soon I hope (well, maybe a few weeks time. .), meantime your tales are helping to keep me sane:thumbsup:

today's non ride

rebuilding the new laptop that was delivered on Friday to replace the one that the storms fried whilst I was away on tour and typing up my journal/converting my photos to jpegs...
Couldn't rebuilding on Friday because I was still waiting for a BT Engineer to come and fix the telephone line that was also fried and then I had to configure a new router as well. no prizes for guessing what its status is... crispy...

I've just had a tooth out & been told by the dentist that today is now a non ride day!!

What a waste of a sunny afternoon off work. :sad:
if it is any consolation it is (finally) not sunny here and quite cool.

I am also having another day off the bike. Still working on the new laptop, got some housework to do, some cooking to do and can't be bothered. My body is telling me it needs another day's rest, so another day it is going to get. But come Thursday it will be ignored because I have 3 days of 21 mile (each way) commutes to do come rain or shine, lack of sleep or body complaining... then I suspect my OH will want his 100km August ride on Sunday.... so rest my body will be allowed for another day! :wacko:

Top Bottom